If you’re among the work at home moms counted in America, then you probably relate to the feeling of overwhelm when it comes to finding working from home ideas and opportunities, and making money from home in general. In my business I enjoy helping moms to tap into God-given gifts and strengths and find their own particular niche- however, I realize there are those times when finding a business that’s already set to go is easiest for you at the moment. All you have to do in some cases is just follow the plan and you can begin making money relatively easily.
In this podcast I mention a few different ideas for working from home that may or not be a good fit for you, but you choose. In today’s expensive society, it takes money to keep even a basic lifestyle for our families, so every little bit helps. You can always revisit the idea of starting up your own business from scratch at a later time if you need to.
Here are some ideas I mentioned in the podcast for making some extra side cash.
Making money from home- ideas:
- Tutor.com– You don’t need a degree for this one, just a knack for a certain subject and the ability to communicate effectively using online collaborate tools to help your students.
- Udemy.com-Become an instructor at Udemy to help others learn real-world skills online. All you need is an idea and a passion to teach it. This is a great way to present your first digital product without the hassle of packaging and hosting it yourself. Udemy takes a percentage of sales because they provide the platform for sales, but it seems a lot of instructors are finding success with this.
- Online Teaching with K12.com and Connections Academy and other online high schools- You do need a teaching degree for this one, but if you were a former school teacher and would like to have a flexible job working from, here are some options (and there are many other online schools as well!)
- Virtual Assistant – Becoming a virtual assistant is a great way to begin your own business helping other businesses with online needs. Check out my podcast with Alyssa Avant about becoming a virtual assistant.
- Writing. Check magazines, journals, newspapers to see what their needs are. It’s not difficult to get started writing once you break in the market and have written some free pieces. If you’re looking at some writing jobs that you can get paid for right away, you might also want to check Elance and Odesk.
- Etsy– Do you love crafts or making handmade items? This is a wonderful opportunity for you to sell your handiwork online with an Etsy shop.
- Remote IT professional- If you’re a tech geek and love troubleshooting tech issues, there are opportunities for you in this field as well. Just keep an eye out for this kind of thing when looking for work from home.
- Paid surveys- Another opportunity, though I don’t know much about it. Be careful of scams, of course, and just do your research.
- Mystery Shopping– Again, do your research thoroughly and sign up with a reputable company. Beware of scams, and never send money in up front. I hear mystery shopping is a lot of work but if you have the flexibility and time to shop and complete surveys within short time frames, this might work for you.
- WomenforHire.com and WAHM.com– Two websites I recommend to check out for recent postings of job listings.
Let me know if you have any questions. Of course, I didn’t get around to covering everything out there, but you get the gist. There are opportunities around us and we just have to dig up a little research and uncover what’s there. You never know what you’ll find and maybe you’ll just find that extra cash you’ve been looking for in an opportunity that’s been waiting for you out there all along!
Do you have any additional resources you’d like to add to this list? If so, let me know!