On this week’s podcast, I enjoyed speaking with mompreneur, Urbana Chappa.
Urbana is fashion designer and celebrity stylist. She began her company Maison de Mini, which is an eco-friendly children’s fashion line which focuses on creating from bamboo, soy, and hemp. Her husband is a songwriter for Bruno Mars and has written many songs such as “Just The Way You Are”. They have four adorable children together and she is an advocate for childhood cancer awareness and giving back to many children causes. Urbana is raw, real, and authentic.
On today’s podcast she gives an unhindered transparency of her experience with postpartum depression and how she overcame it through finding her passion in the fashion world. We also talk about the realities of balancing life as a mom in business and what it means to take care of and make yourself a priority.
What we talked about:
- What lead her into the world of fashion design and styling
- Her struggles with postpartum depression and how she managed and overcame it
- Where she got inspiration for her designs
- How she developed her different clothing lines
- Some of her favorite style clients (Diane Warren, her husband songwriter to Bruno Mars Natasha Henstridge from Species)
- Her biggest passion in life and how her fashion lines reflect her life mission
- How having a family affected her career on a day to day basis and how she balances motherhood with running her company
- Urbana’s words of advice for mompreneurs out there wanting to live their dreams, but who also really care deeply for family and being a great mom
As women we should… Be comfortable in our skin! Embrace ourselves! It’s all about being okay with who we are in each season of our lives.