In my last mompreneur video, I talked about compartmentalizing your business. It’s all about setting aside time for work and work only, rather than “bringing work home.” If you’re still not quite sure what compartmentalizing means, watch the video then come back and read the rest of this post.
You’re a busy mom- so your next time in making time for both business and family is to prioritize.
In a nutshell, place your life in order so that your business falls into the proper place:
- Spiritual. Spend quality time working on the inner you.
- Family. Make sure your family is well taken care of before you embark on business tasks for the day.
- Work. When working, make good use of your time and really focus.
- Housekeeping/errands. Make room in your routine for daily upkeep of your home and running errands.
- More family time. At the end of the day, it should be about family. If for whatever reason you have to pull an overnighter, let it be an infrequent occasion. Try to factor in as much regular family time as possible that doesn’t include blogging or working on your business.
- Lastly, never overload your plate with more than you can handle. It’s better to do a little very day than to do more than you can possibly achieve. So pace yourself.
How are your business/family priorities coming along? Let me know in the comments below!