I know many of you have been wanting to get out there and get your digital products created and sold- but you just haven’t figured out how. That’s what this podcast episode is all about.
Why creating digital products (info products) are so important for online businesses
You’ll need to listen in on episode 008 to hear some key reasons I believe every single online business should begin creating (and selling) digital products.
What is the process of digital product creation?
Well, in this podcast I cover some key points to help walk you through the process:
- determining what to give away or what to sell
- developing a relationship with your prospects through your freebie offers
- options to directing your prospects to a shopping cart, or give access to an immediate download
- learning to recycle/upcycle content full circle
How can a life coach or speaker, in particular, create digital products?
- Start by recording at your computer. Use Audacity for free. There will be a few extra steps to get your recording saved and uploaded.
- You can also call into a recording line to record a conference call with a group or another individual. Two that I have used are Free Conference Calling and Free Conference Call.
- Your next step is simply to download the mp3 audio to your computer, upload to your server or cloud, and link it up on your blog. Some ideas of what you can do with these recordings are: bundle a compilation of recordings to sell back online, or create a CD set.
- Webinars are another great way to create digital products. Online software such as GoToMeeting, Click Meeting, Meeting Burner, Meet Cheap, and even Google Hangouts are wonderful solutions for web conferencing. This is just another great way of obtaining both audio and video content with interactive options such as whiteboard, power point, chat, and more. You can take the audio or video and resell it, plus have a VA transcribe the content to sell separately or as a bonus PDF, or add it textually to your site. You can even decide to turn the topics of your discussion into the chapters of an ebook. As you can see, there are loads of ideas for info products here!
- Another idea is to turn those blog posts and articles you’ve already written into an ebook bundle.
- Have you coached someone lately? Then you could create a video using Camtasia, screen shots and all, and sell these back as video bundles or – for those who love tangible products- convert them to DVD’s.
- Don’t forget the power of audio podcasting as a great way to funnel in prospects and give them a taste of what you’re offering. There are ways to turn your podcast into paid content by letting them hear a small portion of a seminar on your podcast. You don’t want to broadcast everything- but just give a sample of your workshop or round table discussion. In order to unlock the entire recording, you can have listeners go back and purchase the entire audio.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these tips on how to optimize your digital product delivery strategy so it’s advantageous to you and your site visitors who are hungry to consume your content.