In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve taken a bit of a blogging hiatus. My family is preparing to move to another city and we’re all packed and ready to transition. So what do you do when your business is moving? How do you keep it rolling when you are in the middle of a business transition?
With that said, I’d like to leave you with a few thoughts before I return to blogging and business in a few weeks. It’s all about “moving in your business”. The thought of moving my family to a city a few hours away where I know no one, adjusting to a new home and environment, and meeting new people all over again would have been a most exciting thought 4 years ago, until I actually did move and realized how hard the process actually is.
And I’ll tell you…it’s the same with business. Sometimes we must initiate a “move” in our business, a different path that will lead us down the road to passion fulfillment and financial increase for our families. And with these moves we must be flexible enough to transition into a new mode, if need be.
That said, I’ve been doing some heavy evaluating and soul-searching about each and every one of my blogs. I’ve been asking myself “Why am I doing this? Who is it helping? What do my readers/listeners/viewers really need from me and am I contributing to fulfilling those needs?”
It’s the beginning of my 4th quarter in business for the year 2014 and I want to finish this season with a look back into the previous year to see what I can do differently to make next year better- for myself and family, and for you – my readers.
My business move this 4th quarter will constitute a few changes that I think will make it more clear who I’m serving and what I offer.
- As much as I love women entrepreneurs, not every one of you is my target market. I’m taking some time to drill down even further who I’m trying to reach for maximum impact. What this means is, a slight shift in my focus over the upcoming weeks- and you’ll see the entire transition come to fruition really soon. I’m excited about this change because it will help me to reach those women that I’m truly meant to help.
- I’ve been toying with ideas for my product launch this year. Now with the move around the corner, I see how necessary it is for me to get this done.
- As I launch my products I’ll be phasing out some of my prior coaching programs, while quite possibly starting a new line.
I’ve always taught (on my podcast) that it’s important to get crystal clear about your business goals and direction, who you’re trying to serve, and cater to your audience- giving them what they need. I’m going to take my own medicine on this while I spend a few weeks clarifying my business goals to begin 1st quarter with a bang!
When you sense that your business needs to “move”, here’s what I suggest:
- Evaluate where you’ve been. Hopefully you’ve been taking good notes and have chronicled your successes and failures- what’s worked and what hasn’t. Learn from your experiences. Take good notes! Then, read them, mull over them, and pray over them.
- Ask yourself some pertinent questions. “Am I where I want to be financially? Has my business shown any growth? Am I happy with what I’m doing in my business? Am I serving who I need to be serving?”
- Revise your plan. If you’ve answered a negative to any of the above questions, it’s time to revisit your plan and make a revision. Hopefully you’ve created a plan for the year, but if you haven’t go back and check out this podcast about goal-planning. Then revise what didn’t work for you this year.
- Take action. Yep, you’ll need to take some action steps toward seeing your new plans come to fruition. That is exactly what I’m doing (I wouldn’t tell you to do something I haven’t done!)
Over the course of the next few months, I’ll be behind the scenes planning some new products to transition my business into a new era, while I also transition my family into a new city. Lots of moving transitions here!
And I just want you to know that while the scope of my general audience may change slightly, and while I’m getting more laser focused about the types of content I’ll provide, I’ll always have a place in my heart for the one-of-a-kind entrepreneur: men and women who rock this world with their expertise and are not afraid to put their ideas out there on display.
When I return to blogging here I’ll have a renewed sense of my business purpose and passion. So, work at home moms and women solopreneurs, let’s get ready to do this thing together!
I’ll be back in a few weeks!
To Your Web Success.