On this episode, I have 5 surefire reasons you should start a podcast! I absolute love podcasting and began creating podcasting courses in 2006 for women entrepreneurs. I feel every business should utilize all the digital technologies to your business advantage.
I’ll talk about:
- my experiences with podcasting success
- and why podcasting is one of most versatile ways to increase your tribe
- how podcasting takes into consideration different learning modes
- how podcasting adds to the value of your blog copy
- the importance of syndicating your content and providing your content in a variety of methods: adding diversity to your platform through social media, video marketing, as well as podcasting
- how podcasting helps you ease into public speaking
- why I think podcasting trumps video marketing
- with over 450 million blogs, subscribing to podcasts has become easier with the onslaught of smartphones.
My personal experience with podcasting success:
I quickly increased my blog readership by 30% within 2 months upon starting the podcast and by 125% in 4 weeks as a result of one podcast interview with a well-known guest in my niche.
Here are even more reasons you should start a podcast.
Podcasts will help you gain visibility on the web.
Each of my podcast episodes seem to rank higher than my blog posts. I’m not quite sure why this is…but I have a feeling it has to do with podcasting.
Podcasts are relatively inexpensive to start- and doesn’t have to cost a dime.
You could set up a studio as elaborate as the one Cliff Ravenscraft uses, or you can start one for free using services like Blog Talk Radio or Talkshoe (which I don’t necessarily recommend-for reasons I can get into in another blog post), or you can use a free audio recording software such as Audacity. Also, services like Audio Acrobat might work for you (at $20/month.) Just go at your own pace, utilize the tools you have at your disposal if you want to begin on a budget. Better yet, if you can afford to invest in better equipment, take a look at Cliff’s equipment packages for an idea of what type of setup you might want to invest in.
You will reach your target audience, build your tribe, and grow your brand with a podcast.
A larger percentage of my listeners stick around between 15-30 minutes. This is great for blog stickiness. The average blog receives between 5-10 minutes of reading time.
Podcasting helps you to establish your authority and expertise on a niche topic.
You will reach more mobile-device owners with your message as a result of podcasting.