How Corpnet was inspired:
Nellie Akalp’s story:
Filing a DBA or LLC- which is better?
- liability protection
- tax breaks
The process of creating an LLC:
- Make sure you have a business name and that it is available
- Figure out which state you will set up the LLC
- Have a business address
- Have a registered agent address
- Names, members, or officers of the shareholders of the LLC
- File the appropriate paperwork. (Corpnet will set this up for you.)
How to create a trademark:
- Do a simple name search
- Conduct a trademark search
- If available, do a comprehensive nationwide search
- File the application with the USPTO and pay the filing fees, or go through a reputable filing company (like Corpnet) who will partner with you throughout the entire filing process (and add $145 service fee to Corpnet).
Be careful in the blogging world!
- Copying work and written material and republishing without permission is copyright infringement. Bottom line: don’t do it!
How Nellie balances family with business:
- Taking care of herself spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- Her husbands and kids
- Her team at Corpnet and business
Other life balance tips for business moms:
- Take life day by day
- Keep super organized
- Planning your day
- Get things done (rather than letting things get piled up)
- Stay organized and regimented with your routine and lifestyle.
- Have open communication with your kids at home about teamwork within the home and explain to your children why you’ve chosen your lifestyle of work and how it benefits the entire family.
Please let Nellie know how you enjoyed the podcast here at Mompreneurs in Heels. You can reach her at Corpnet.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe in iTunes and follow Web Success Coaching around on the web!
- Subscribe in Itunes
- Follow me on Google+
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Facebook
- Follow me on YouTube
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Pinterest